Hello guys! Personally, I love sweater weather, teas, colorful leaves, rain, books, just everything about fall. Why not make your home smell and feel like fall too? 🙂
Dried Orange and Cinnamon Ornaments!
These are so great – they smell good and even look great! Also you don’t even need lots of things.
Makes 2 ornaments.
- 2 – 24 in. piece of ribbon
- 1 Paramount Citrus Valencia orange
- 10 cinnamon sticks
1. To make the dried orange slices, preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Cut the orange into very thin slices, less than ¼ inch if possible. Discard any seeds. You will need 4 slices for each short ornament.
3. Place a cooling rack over a sheet pan. Place the orange slices on the rack. This keeps them elevated while drying so that air can get underneath the fruit.
4. Dry in the oven for about 2 hours. Remove when completely dry, and cool before making your ornament.
5. For each ornament, begin by tying the center of a piece of ribbon securely around a cinnamon stick.
6. Lace the ribbon up through the center of a slice of orange.
7. Place another cinnamon stick on top of the orange slice and tie the ribbon securely around it.
8. Continue layering orange slices and cinnamon sticks, ending with a cinnamon stick. For a short ornament, use 4 orange slices and 5 cinnamon sticks. You can also combine all the slices and cinnamon sticks for one long ornament using a longer piece of ribbon.
9. Tie the final cinnamon stick with the ribbon and use the remaining ribbon to hang the ornament, securing it with a bow. Done! 🙂
Did you ever go to the shop and see a really pretty thing, but then look at the price … Did you ever think, that you can DIY those things? I like quote pillows and I think why not to make some. 🙂
- Linen pillow case & pillow
- Letter stencil
- Sharpie or fabric marker
1. Line up the words how you want them to fit on the pillow. Place the letters of each word a 1/4 inch apart. By measuring the length of the word and the width of the pillow case, you can align the word in the center of the pillow case and tape down the stencils. You will want to measure your rows across the height of the pillow case as well so they are evenly spaced, and mark with pencil where the stencils should go.
2. Fill in the stencils with a Sharpie marker.
3. Erase any visible pencil marks.
4. Stuff your pillow and you have it! 🙂
Insanely easy DIY mugs!
Make your own mug! This would be an awesome and cheap present too.
This thing is a must-have in fall! It’s so easy to make and it actually looks like fall!
- Dried orange slices
- Dried apple slices
- Whole nuts (with shells)
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Juniper berries
- Laurel (bay) leaves
- Dried rose hips
- Pine cones
- Essential oils: cedar wood, clove, cinnamon, orange and pine are all great together
Don’t worry if you don’t have something – you can change it, just improvise. 🙂
We actually don’t even need the directions! Just take bigger and smaller handfuls and put them into a jar or a bowl. Done! 🙂
Ramekins, Coffee Beans and Tea Lights
If you like coffee – you will like this DIY!
- Coffee beans
Take a handful of coffee beans and put them into a ramekin. Put a candle between the beans and light it. Done!
I hope you liked these DIY’s. Time flies fast, so don’t sleep and make your home feel and smell like fall! 🙂